Do you have a business and don’t have a website? If you said yes, you are missing a chance to reach large numbers of customers and limiting their ability to find you. In today’s world, individuals and organizations use the web to find information. Individuals use the web to find store locations, product reviews, and companies search for b2b opportunities, supplies, and information. You need a website for your customers to find you. The website’s design should reflect your brand and help your customers easily learn who you are and how you can help them.
The following is a list of benefits of having a website for your business.
1) Increase Customers: – A website will let you reach your local clients as well as clients outside of your local area. This is especially important for businesses in Hawaii. A website can help you get more customers, in your local area and even around the world. A website potentially offers a worldwide audience and can be translated into several languages. In addition, a website can reach customers you may not reach in other forms of media. This is especially true as more people now turn to their smartphones for information.
2) Accessibility: – A website is always open and promoting your business. How many opportunities are missed because your customer’s schedule conflicts with your store hours? Your website can be viewed anytime. Your website can help you make sales, provide valuable information and help a customer learn more about your company.
3) Increase Sales: – Your website can help drive sales in a couple of ways. First, it can help you reach a larger audience and potential customers you can’t reach any other way. Second, it can work as a store, promoting your products and allowing you to make sales even while you sleep. Third, you can drive individuals to your website by providing valuable information for your customer and making sure they have a good user experience. Once the site is running, it is working for you 24 hours a day.
4) Long Term Clients: – Being successful in business is all about providing value to your customer. The more value you provide, the better your company with thrive. Your website allows you to provide information, tips, buying guides, videos and a number of other useful tools for your customers. The more value you provide, the more likely your one-time customers will become repeat customers.
5) Better Relationship: – Your website can help you build relationships with your customers. Before they even visit your store or office, they have a chance to get to know you and your company. What is written on your website and how it is designed may be the difference between them visiting you instead of your customer. A website gives the customer an easy way to contact you and a blog allows you to have a continuing conversation with the customer.
6) Being Competetive: – Running a small business, and especially when starting out your business, it can be difficult to compete with larger companies. They have more resources and more capital for advertising and promotion. A website is one area where small businesses can not only compete but can win. A well-designed website allows a small business to look any size they want and a small company can take the edge by keeping their website up to date.
Because of the digital time we live in, organizations must have a solid online representation. When you consider how much time we spend on our computers, smartphones, and tablets, the web cannot be ignored and must be a valued part of your company.
Your website is a virtual representation of your brand and therefore is a reflection of your company. Does your website reflect your company and the services you offer? Does your website show you as a professional company, a Hawaii company, a fun company, or does it make your company look small and out of date?
Once a small business website is created, it can work to help organizations produce more leads and clients 24 hours a day. It doesn’t cost a huge amount to have a website designed, and maintaining it on a month to month basis is insignificant compared with conventional promotional costs like radio or newspaper advertising.
Some of the reasons that a bad website may be hurting their business are
1) A site that is not “visually pleasing” can make your customers feel that your business is not modern, is in financial trouble, or has poor service.
2) A site that doesn’t keep potential clients engaged will lose them before they learn about the company or make a purchase.
3) An outdated site may make customers think your business is not modern or relevant
4) A site that is not optimized for search engines (Google, MSN, Yahoo) will battle to get visitors.
5) A site that is difficult to navigate may cause frustration.
The website should:
• Clearly demonstrate how you can solve your customer’s problems.
• Contain information about you and your company and how it relates to the customer.
• Should be designed to best suit your customer base.
• Have updated content and relevant information.
• Have an easy method for customers to contact you.
Even if you don’t do business through the web, it is how many of your customers will find you and learn about your business. This is even truer as more and more people use smartphones. A good website will allow you to stand out among other companies even if you are smaller or just starting out.
If you are ready to start designing your website, here are: 5 Things to Consider When Designing Your New Website
Website Design and Develpment
Find out how I can help you develop a professional website to reach more customers.